-   -   Needing Help with Data Transfer/Automatic Link (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/229215-needing-help-data-transfer-automatic-link.html)

angrob

Needing Help with Data Transfer/Automatic Link

I've an Excel Spreadsheet with 6 columns, 1 column which has a question, 4 of
them I add figures to and these are totalled etc, and then there is 1 column
which takes text/comments. I want to know if I can automatically extract the
text column along with the corresponding columns to another page?

--
angrob

Daniel.C[_3_]

Needing Help with Data Transfer/Automatic Link

When do you wish to transfer the data, on demand, once the cells of a
row are filled ? Do you want to delete the data from the source once it
has been transfered ?
Daniel

I've an Excel Spreadsheet with 6 columns, 1 column which has a question, 4 of
them I add figures to and these are totalled etc, and then there is 1 column
which takes text/comments. I want to know if I can automatically extract the
text column along with the corresponding columns to another page?

Roger Govier[_3_]

Needing Help with Data Transfer/Automatic Link

Hi angrob

Yes you can.
Take a look at Advanced Filter. You should find plenty of help at
http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#ExtractWs
--
Regards
Roger Govier

"angrob" wrote in message
I've an Excel Spreadsheet with 6 columns, 1 column which has a question, 4
of
them I add figures to and these are totalled etc, and then there is 1
column
which takes text/comments. I want to know if I can automatically extract
the
text column along with the corresponding columns to another page?

--
angrob

angrob

Needing Help with Data Transfer/Automatic Link

hi
i want to transfer the data once the cells have been filled and No I don't
want to delete data from source.
--
angrob

"Daniel.C" wrote:

When do you wish to transfer the data, on demand, once the cells of a
row are filled ? Do you want to delete the data from the source once it
has been transfered ?
Daniel

I've an Excel Spreadsheet with 6 columns, 1 column which has a question, 4 of
them I add figures to and these are totalled etc, and then there is 1 column
which takes text/comments. I want to know if I can automatically extract the
text column along with the corresponding columns to another page?

Daniel.C[_3_]

Needing Help with Data Transfer/Automatic Link

Look at the following file. It has 2 sheets. When you enter data in the
first 6 columns of "source" sheet, the row is transfered to the
"Target" sheet.
http://www.filedropper.com/angrob
Here is the macro :

If Target.Column 6 Then Exit Sub
If Application.CountA(Range(Cells(Target.Row, 1), Cells(Target.Row,
6))) = 6 Then
With Sheets("Target")
myRow = .[A65000].End(xlUp).Row + 1
Range(Cells(Target.Row, 1), Cells(Target.Row, 6)).Copy
.Cells(myRow, 1).PasteSpecial xlPasteValues
End With
HTH
Daniel

"Daniel.C" wrote:

When do you wish to transfer the data, on demand, once the cells of a
row are filled ? Do you want to delete the data from the source once it
has been transfered ?
Daniel

I've an Excel Spreadsheet with 6 columns, 1 column which has a question, 4
of them I add figures to and these are totalled etc, and then there is 1
column which takes text/comments. I want to know if I can automatically
extract the text column along with the corresponding columns to another
page?

angrob

Needing Help with Data Transfer/Automatic Link

when I follow the link it doesn't show me the file, what do I do here?
--
angrob