-   -   Summarize data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/229168-summarize-data.html)

Chris

Summarize data

I have several worksheets with exactly the same layout, but different data
based on educational programmes. I want to summerize the data in one sheet,
but have them in a way that this sheet still looks the same as the other
worksheets. This sheet then serves as a total of the other sheets.
The information in the sheets displays the name of the lecturer, subjects
etc for different programmes. I want them all to be consolidated in the
summerized sheet which will then enable me to do a calculation of the number
of subjects etc that all lecturers offer.
--
cfc

dlw

Summarize data

use formulas on the summary sheet that refer to ranges on the other sheets,
eg =sum(sheet1!A1:a10) and so forth.