-   -   change spreadsheet name change (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/229137-change-spreadsheet-name-change.html)

tj

change spreadsheet name change

Hi,

I would like to change the spreadsheet name to say whatever I type in cell A1.

Please advise

thanks
TJ

Jacob Skaria

change spreadsheet name change

If you are looking to achieve it using code; try this...

A1 = TestSheet

Launch VBE using Alt+F11. Ctrl+G will launch immediate window. Paste the
below code and enter..

Activesheet.name = Range("A1")

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"TJ" wrote:

Hi,

I would like to change the spreadsheet name to say whatever I type in cell A1.

Please advise

thanks
TJ

Luke M

change spreadsheet name change

Right click on sheet tab.
Choose "View code".

Paste this in:

If Target = Range("A1") Then
ActiveSheet.Name = Range("A1").Value

'Close VBA editor.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"TJ" wrote:

Hi,

I would like to change the spreadsheet name to say whatever I type in cell A1.

Please advise

thanks
TJ

Don Guillett

change spreadsheet name change

Right click sheet tabview code copy/paste this

If Target.Address < "$A$1" Then Exit Sub
ActiveSheet.Name = Target
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software