-   -   Printing Macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/228930-printing-macro.html)

dhstein

Printing Macro

I want to print a report from a macro. I recorded a macro and got this:
With ActiveSheet.PageSetup
.LeftHeader = ""
.CenterHeader = ""
.RightHeader = ""
.LeftFooter = ""
.CenterFooter = ""
.RightFooter = ""
.LeftMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.7)
.RightMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.7)
.TopMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.75)
.BottomMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.75)
.HeaderMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.3)
.FooterMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.3)
.PrintHeadings = False
.PrintGridlines = False
.PrintComments = xlPrintNoComments
.PrintQuality = 600
.CenterHorizontally = False
.CenterVertically = False
.Orientation = xlLandscape
.Draft = False
.PaperSize = xlPaperLetter
.FirstPageNumber = xlAutomatic
.Order = xlDownThenOver
.BlackAndWhite = False
.Zoom = False
.FitToPagesWide = 1
.FitToPagesTall = 50
.PrintErrors = xlPrintErrorsDisplayed
.OddAndEvenPagesHeaderFooter = False
.DifferentFirstPageHeaderFooter = False
.ScaleWithDocHeaderFooter = True
.AlignMarginsHeaderFooter = True
.EvenPage.LeftHeader.Text = ""
.EvenPage.CenterHeader.Text = ""
.EvenPage.RightHeader.Text = ""
.EvenPage.LeftFooter.Text = ""
.EvenPage.CenterFooter.Text = ""
.EvenPage.RightFooter.Text = ""
.FirstPage.LeftHeader.Text = ""
.FirstPage.CenterHeader.Text = ""
.FirstPage.RightHeader.Text = ""
.FirstPage.LeftFooter.Text = ""
.FirstPage.CenterFooter.Text = ""
.FirstPage.RightFooter.Text = ""
End With
'ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintPreview
ExecuteExcel4Macro "PRINT(1,,,1,,FALSE,,,,,,1,,,TRUE,,FALSE)"

This runs slowly - lots of screen flashing going on. I just want to print
the selection and fit to page, so I'm not sure where all the other stuff is
coming from. If I just manually select the area and print - it runs very
fast - none of the screen flashing - so I'm not sure what's going on. I
would appreciate any enlightenment on this subject. Thanks.

Jacob Skaria

Printing Macro

Remove all the lines and try with the last line..

Sub MyPrint()
ExecuteExcel4Macro "PRINT(2,1,1,1,,,,,,,,1,,,TRUE,,FALSE)"
End Sub

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"dhstein" wrote:

[...]

Jacob,

I kept a few lines like fit to pages wide and orientation = landscape. It
seems to be faster now. Thanks.

"dhstein" wrote:

[...]

Cheers...
--
If this post helps click Yes
---------------

"dhstein" wrote:

[...]

Also you can use to disable any flashing///

Application.DisplayAlerts = False
'your code
application.DisplayAlerts = True

--
If this post helps click Yes
---------------

"dhstein" wrote:

[...]

Gord Dibben

Printing Macro

Jacob

I believe you meant to post...............

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

your code

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 05:38:01 -0700, Jacob Skaria
wrote:

Also you can use to disable any flashing///

Application.DisplayAlerts = False
'your code
application.DisplayAlerts = True

Jacob Skaria

Printing Macro

For avoiding the flashing please use...Thanks Gord...