-   -   Shift - Alt - D shortcut (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/228879-shift-alt-d-shortcut.html)

Woody

Shift - Alt - D shortcut

Somehow I stumbled onto the shift-Alt-D short cut which puts todays date into
a WORD document. I did this yesterday, for example, but was suprised when I
opened the same document today and saw that this value = today, not
yesterday.

I would have guessed it would put in today's date and that it would then
remain static, but apparently this is not the case.

Is there some shortcut that will allow me to put in today's date in a
document and then not change?

Thank you

Elkar

Shift - Alt - D shortcut

Since this is an Excel Forum, you can insert the current date in Excel by
hitting CTRL-;

In Word, I'm not aware of any quick and easy shortcut key. I suppose you
could hit ALT-I then T then ENTER.

HTH
Elkar

"Woody" wrote:

Somehow I stumbled onto the shift-Alt-D short cut which puts todays date into
a WORD document. I did this yesterday, for example, but was suprised when I
opened the same document today and saw that this value = today, not
yesterday.

I would have guessed it would put in today's date and that it would then
remain static, but apparently this is not the case.

Is there some shortcut that will allow me to put in today's date in a
document and then not change?

Thank you

Gary''s Student

Shift - Alt - D shortcut

In Excel:
CNTRL-;
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200849

"Woody" wrote:

Somehow I stumbled onto the shift-Alt-D short cut which puts todays date into
a WORD document. I did this yesterday, for example, but was suprised when I
opened the same document today and saw that this value = today, not
yesterday.

I would have guessed it would put in today's date and that it would then
remain static, but apparently this is not the case.

Is there some shortcut that will allow me to put in today's date in a
document and then not change?

Thank you

Jacob Skaria

Shift - Alt - D shortcut