-   -   Hyperlinks on protected sheet don't work (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/228838-hyperlinks-protected-sheet-dont-work.html)

Horatio J. Bilge, Jr.

Hyperlinks on protected sheet don't work

I have a protected worksheet that only shows up if users disable macros (Chip
Pearson's method - http://www.cpearson.com/excel/EnableMacros.aspx). On that
sheet, I have instructions for how to enable macros in either 2003 or 2007. I
also want to link to Microsoft's pages about macro security. Unfortunately,
the hyperlinks don't work. I tried unlocking the hyperlink cells and allowing
users to select those cells, but then the link is activated if the user
clicks anywhere on the page.

I would like to get the hyperlinks working, but if that cannot be done, can
anyone suggest an alternate method to link to those pages?

Thanks,
~ Horatio