-   -   Leading Zero & Apostrophe - Help (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/228834-leading-zero-apostrophe-help.html)

Yvonne

Leading Zero & Apostrophe - Help

When entering 07 I put an apostrophe in front to ensure the leading zero
stayed in place. For some reason I can't do this now when I put an
apostrophe in front in makes no difference, so I get 7. To my knowledge
nothing has changed
How do I turn it back on?
Please don't advise me to Right Click Format Cells, I want to be able to use
the apostrophe '07
I am using Excel 2003 on Windows XP
Thanks in advance

Bernard Liengme[_3_]

Leading Zero & Apostrophe - Help

I know you want to do this with the apostrophe but you need to ensure the
cells are formatted General before you begin.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP