-   -   IF Statement (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/228826-if-statement.html)

CandiC

IF Statement

The following formula is comming up with a "circular reference error" The
deal is that I need the formula in column D to return the answer if I divide
the total of column C by the total of column B, but if column C is "0" then I
would like it to to return the answer as "0".

=IF(C727=0,0,C727/B727)

Can someone please help me rewrite this to avoid the error message?
Thank you,

Candi C

Gary''s Student

IF Statement

If you want the result to appear in C727, then in C727:

=IF(SUM(C1:C726)=0,0,SUM(C1:C726)/B727)
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200849