-   -   Referencing every other line (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/228735-referencing-every-other-line.html)

Mark

Referencing every other line

I have Tab 1 that will reference cells in Tab 2. Tab 1's referencing will be
sequential.....row 1, 2, 3, etc....but I want them to reference rows 1, 3, 5,
etc. on Tab 2. Can I copy and paste in Tab 1 where it brings over every
other line on Tab2?

Elkar

Referencing every other line

Try this:

=OFFSET(Sheet2!A1,ROW()-1,0)

HTH
Elkar

"Mark" wrote:

I have Tab 1 that will reference cells in Tab 2. Tab 1's referencing will be
sequential.....row 1, 2, 3, etc....but I want them to reference rows 1, 3, 5,
etc. on Tab 2. Can I copy and paste in Tab 1 where it brings over every
other line on Tab2?

T. Valko

Referencing every other line

Try this:

Assuming you want to reference column A on Sheet2.

Entered on Sheet1 in cell A1:

=INDEX(Sheet2!A:A,ROWS(A$1:A1)*2-2+1)

--
Biff