-   -   Text OTU (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/228692-text-otu.html)

PJS

Text OTU

Hi, I am trying to enter OTU into an excel spreadsheet, but it automatically
changes OTU to OUT???

why is that?
Can anyone duplicate this and propose an idea how to get the cell just to
say OTU instead of OUT?

Thanks,

PJS

Gary Keramidas[_2_]

Text OTU

go to tools/autocorrect and remove the entry

--

Gary

"PJS" wrote in message
Hi, I am trying to enter OTU into an excel spreadsheet, but it
automatically
changes OTU to OUT???

why is that?
Can anyone duplicate this and propose an idea how to get the cell just to
say OTU instead of OUT?

Thanks,

PJS

Gary Keramidas[_2_]

Text OTU

forgot you may be using 2007. in that case, click the orb, excel options
button, proofing, and then autocorrect options
--

Gary

"PJS" wrote in message
Hi, I am trying to enter OTU into an excel spreadsheet, but it
automatically
changes OTU to OUT???

why is that?
Can anyone duplicate this and propose an idea how to get the cell just to
say OTU instead of OUT?

Thanks,

PJS

Mike H

Text OTU

Hi,

Too;s|Auto correct options

Type OTU in the Replace box and delete the entry

Note this is global for all of MS office so you lose this autocorrection in
WORD

Mike

"PJS" wrote:

Hi, I am trying to enter OTU into an excel spreadsheet, but it automatically
changes OTU to OUT???

why is that?
Can anyone duplicate this and propose an idea how to get the cell just to
say OTU instead of OUT?

Thanks,

PJS

Sheeloo

Text OTU

If you do not want to turn AUTOCORRECT off for all mistakes, you can remove
the OTU entry from the autocorrect list...

Tools-AutoCorrect
On the first tab, at the bottom scroll down and select OTU and clcik delete
button.