-   -   Date Format Not Responding to MM/DD/YY (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/228495-date-format-not-responding-mm-dd-yy.html)

ssignore

Date Format Not Responding to MM/DD/YY

Hello, MS Online Community.
I have a column of dates in a spreadsheet where the date is in the following
format:
"M/D/YYYY"
If I look at Format-Cell, I see the Date category highlighted with the
MM/DD/YY format type selected, however, the dates in the column will not
respond to this format.
I did notice that if I double-clicked inside the cell (for the Edit mode)
and then clicked elsewhere on the spreadsheet, it would convert to the
MM/DD/YY format.
There must be a way in which to switch to the Edit mode for an entire column
instead of double-clicking individually.
Any ideas?
Thanks!
ssignore

Sheeloo

Date Format Not Responding to MM/DD/YY

Try this -
Select the column
Choose Data-Text to column
Click FINISH

"ssignore" wrote:

Hello, MS Online Community.
I have a column of dates in a spreadsheet where the date is in the following
format:
"M/D/YYYY"
If I look at Format-Cell, I see the Date category highlighted with the
MM/DD/YY format type selected, however, the dates in the column will not
respond to this format.
I did notice that if I double-clicked inside the cell (for the Edit mode)
and then clicked elsewhere on the spreadsheet, it would convert to the
MM/DD/YY format.
There must be a way in which to switch to the Edit mode for an entire column
instead of double-clicking individually.
Any ideas?
Thanks!
ssignore

ssignore

Date Format Not Responding to MM/DD/YY

That worked! (As long as 'Fixed Width' is selected instead of 'Delimited')
Much appreciated.
Regards,
Simone

"Sheeloo" wrote:

Try this -
Select the column
Choose Data-Text to column
Click FINISH

"ssignore" wrote:

Hello, MS Online Community.
I have a column of dates in a spreadsheet where the date is in the following
format:
"M/D/YYYY"
If I look at Format-Cell, I see the Date category highlighted with the
MM/DD/YY format type selected, however, the dates in the column will not
respond to this format.
I did notice that if I double-clicked inside the cell (for the Edit mode)
and then clicked elsewhere on the spreadsheet, it would convert to the
MM/DD/YY format.
There must be a way in which to switch to the Edit mode for an entire column
instead of double-clicking individually.
Any ideas?
Thanks!
ssignore

Sheeloo

Date Format Not Responding to MM/DD/YY

I thought you would figure that out... :-)

"ssignore" wrote:

That worked! (As long as 'Fixed Width' is selected instead of 'Delimited')
Much appreciated.
Regards,
Simone

"Sheeloo" wrote: