-   -   How do i retrieve a replaced existing file? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/228442-how-do-i-retrieve-replaced-existing-file.html)

ken van

How do i retrieve a replaced existing file?

I have saved a new file over the existing file, now I would like to retrieve
my existing file. Please show me the way to do it

David Biddulph[_2_]

How do i retrieve a replaced existing file?

1 The copy you got from the Save As option "Always create a backup".
2 The backup that your IT department made from the network drive.
3 The copy that you sent to someone by e-mail, or put on a memory stick
or a separate drive.
4 The earlier version that might be available in XP (through Properties)
if you are using a network drive.
If none of the above, you're out of luck and you'll presumably use option 1
above in future.
--
David Biddulph