-   -   Excel 2000 & .xlsx (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/228406-excel-2000-xlsx.html)

dicentra4

Excel 2000 & .xlsx

I can't download spreadsheets that are sent to me in .xlsx format. What's
the best thing to do? Please be specific and keep it simple; I'm computer
illiterate.

Don Guillett

Excel 2000 & .xlsx

The best thing to do is have the sender save as .xls and then send.
Don't know if the converter works with 2000

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"dicentra4" wrote in message
I can't download spreadsheets that are sent to me in .xlsx format. What's
the best thing to do? Please be specific and keep it simple; I'm computer
illiterate.

Thanks. Unfortunately I sent it to myself from another computer (out of town) & no longer have access to the spreadsheet (nor does anyone else). Should I upgrade Excel? If so, to what? How do I do this? I want to keep Windows XP.

Harald Staff[_2_]

Excel 2000 & .xlsx

"dicentra4" wrote in message

I can't download spreadsheets that are sent to me in .xlsx format.
What's
the best thing to do? Please be specific and keep it simple; I'm
computer
illiterate.

Thanks. Unfortunately I sent it to myself from another computer (out of
town) & no longer have access to the spreadsheet (nor does anyone else).
Should I upgrade Excel? If so, to what? How do I do this? I want to
keep Windows XP.

"Best thing" depends on how much you depend on spreadsheets sent to you. If
it's even remotely connected to business, upgrade; buy Excel 2007 and
install it onto your WinXP system. (If Word2007 and Powerpoint2007 comes
with it, upgrade Word and Powerpoint too)
There are ways of downgrading the file; by SaveAs and by a file converter.
But imo it's better to have Excel2007.

Best wishes Harald

Don Guillett

Excel 2000 & .xlsx

Upgrade. In the meantime, send to my addy below if desired and I will
convert.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"dicentra4" wrote in message
I can't download spreadsheets that are sent to me in .xlsx format.
What's
the best thing to do? Please be specific and keep it simple; I'm
computer
illiterate.

Thanks. Unfortunately I sent it to myself from another computer (out of
town) & no longer have access to the spreadsheet (nor does anyone else).
Should I upgrade Excel? If so, to what? How do I do this? I want to
keep Windows XP.

David Biddulph[_2_]

Excel 2000 & .xlsx

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923505
--
David Biddulph

"dicentra4" wrote in message
I can't download spreadsheets that are sent to me in .xlsx format. What's
the best thing to do? Please be specific and keep it simple; I'm computer
illiterate.

Ron de Bruin

Excel 2000 & .xlsx

See also