-   -   Is there a formula which returns the current (updating) year? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/227469-there-formula-returns-current-updating-year.html)

George Parrog

Is there a formula which returns the current (updating) year?

I am trying to write a formula which shows the difference in years between
the present year and a date in another cell.

Jacob Skaria

Is there a formula which returns the current (updating) year?

Suppose A1 = date
=YEAR(NOW())-YEAR(A1)
Format the cell to number..

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"George Parrog" wrote:

I am trying to write a formula which shows the difference in years between
the present year and a date in another cell.

Niek Otten

Is there a formula which returns the current (updating) year?

=YEAR(TODAY())

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten