-   -   How can I sort two columns of part numbers so that they align? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/227320-how-can-i-sort-two-columns-part-numbers-so-they-align.html)

P/N

How can I sort two columns of part numbers so that they align?

How can I sort two columns of part numbers so that they align?

KC Rippstein hotmail com>

How can I sort two columns of part numbers so that they align?

You're going to have to provide a better explanation. We can't tell what you
have and what you're trying to accomplish based on your request below.

If you're trying to identify whether a list of parts in column A are present
in Column B, then in column C you can just use the following formula:
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A2,B:B,1,0)),"","Part found")
That will at least tell you if the part in A2 is found anywhere in column B.

Like I said, though, I can't really tell what you're after.
--
Please remember to indicate when the post is answered so others can benefit
from it later.