-   -   Fax Button on Standard Toolbar (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/22650-fax-button-standard-toolbar.html)

Bruce

Fax Button on Standard Toolbar

I can not remove the fax button from the Toolbar.
I remove the Icon in the standard manner but when I restart Excel the fax
button reappears. How do I remove it permanently?

Dave Peterson

It sounds like you have an addin that's adding that fax icon. Lots of Addins
are set to start each time you start excel.

Chip Pearson has some notes on how to diagnose startup errors at:

And Jan Karel Pieterse has more notes at:
http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/StartupProblems.htm

Essentially, you remove all the addins (tools|addins) and move all the files out
of XLStart and then add each removed item (one at a time), restarting excel each
time you add one back.

--

Dave Peterson