-   -   How do I insert the keystroke ShiftF3 into a cell? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/22646-how-do-i-insert-keystroke-shiftf3-into-cell.html)

Stricky

How do I insert the keystroke ShiftF3 into a cell?

I am trying to design a very simple macro where by data can be copied and
pasted to another computer programme from excel. The problem I have is that
the other software programe uses the keystroke shiftF3 to clear a field and I
cannot replicate this keystroke in excel. How would I enter these keystrokes
into a cell so that when pasted they would perform the function in the other
programme rather than trying to data enter it?

JulieD

Hi

not sure about the 'How would I enter these keystrokes into a cell so that
when pasted ..' bit of your question, but if you're looking at how to
incorporate a line in your code that mimics the user pressing Shift & F3
then check out "sendkeys statement" in VBA help (alt & f11 to get to the vbe
window and use the help from in there).

--
Cheers
JulieD
"Stricky" wrote in message
I am trying to design a very simple macro where by data can be copied and
pasted to another computer programme from excel. The problem I have is
that
the other software programe uses the keystroke shiftF3 to clear a field
and I
cannot replicate this keystroke in excel. How would I enter these
keystrokes
into a cell so that when pasted they would perform the function in the
other
programme rather than trying to data enter it?

stricky

Thanks Julie!

I'm not much of a technical person so I dont know anything about VBA?

I have read about the sendkeys statement but I dont know how to insert the
following statement into one or more cells...

Sub
SendKeys "+{F3}"
End Sub

I am hoping that the out come will be that when I copy the cell and then
paste it to the other software programme it will run the command rather than
trying to type it.

Cheers .

"Stricky" wrote in message
I am trying to design a very simple macro where by data can be copied and
pasted to another computer programme from excel. The problem I have is
that
the other software programe uses the keystroke shiftF3 to clear a field
and I
cannot replicate this keystroke in excel. How would I enter these
keystrokes
into a cell so that when pasted they would perform the function in the
other
programme rather than trying to data enter it?

JulieD

mmm, sorry, not sure that is actually possible ... i though you were trying
to send a command via vba to another program rather than having a stream of
data in cells, exported and imported into the other program ... not sure how
you would achieve that.

--
Cheers
JulieD