-   -   Change full date to month only (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/226446-change-full-date-month-only.html)

Jim

Change full date to month only

Hello,

What formula can I use to pull out the month only on a date formatted as
follows:

3/28/2009

I know I can re-format the cell but I am interested in help with a formula

Thanks
Jim

Jacob Skaria

Change full date to month only

=Month(A1)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Jim" wrote:

Hello,

What formula can I use to pull out the month only on a date formatted as
follows:

3/28/2009

I know I can re-format the cell but I am interested in help with a formula

Thanks
Jim

Jacob Skaria

Change full date to month only

You can also use....and adjust the format to your need.
=CHOOSE(MONTH(A1),"JAN","FEB","mar","apr","may",.. ..........,"DEC")

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Jim" wrote:

Hello,

What formula can I use to pull out the month only on a date formatted as
follows:

3/28/2009

I know I can re-format the cell but I am interested in help with a formula

Thanks
Jim

Francis

Change full date to month only

try this
if you want the month to appear as numeric
=MONTH(A2)

or Mar in your example
=TEXT(A8,"mmm")
--
Hope this is helpful
Pls click the Yes button below if this post provide answer you have asked

Thank You

cheers, francis

Am not a greek but an ordinary user trying to assist another