-   -   option button (yes No) to hide rows (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/226442-option-button-yes-no-hide-rows.html)

Wanna Learn

option button (yes No) to hide rows

Hello I have two option buttons one says yes the other No
SO if the option selected is yes I want to unhide row A32 thruA44 if No is
selected then rows A32 thru A44 remain hidden
this is what I have but it does not work
Private Sub OptionButton1_Click()
Dim myRng As Range

Set myRng = Me.Range("a32:a44")

myRng.EntireRow.Hidden = Not (myRng(1).EntireRow.Hidden)

End Sub
thanks for your help

Luke M

option button (yes No) to hide rows

You could simplify it to:

Private Sub OptionButton1_Click()
Range("A32:A44").EntireRow.Hidden = Not (Range("A32:A44").EntireRow.Hidden)

Best Regards,

Luke M

"Wanna Learn" wrote:

Hello I have two option buttons one says yes the other No
SO if the option selected is yes I want to unhide row A32 thruA44 if No is
selected then rows A32 thru A44 remain hidden
this is what I have but it does not work
Private Sub OptionButton1_Click()
Dim myRng As Range

Set myRng = Me.Range("a32:a44")

myRng.EntireRow.Hidden = Not (myRng(1).EntireRow.Hidden)

End Sub
thanks for your help

Wanna Learn

option button (yes No) to hide rows

Thanks Luke
This works fine but If I select the "NO" command button nothing happens . If
No is selected I want the rows a32 to A44 remain hidden. (I cannot deselect
Yes) Thanks again

You could simplify it to:

"Wanna Learn" wrote:

Hello I have two option buttons one says yes the other No
SO if the option selected is yes I want to unhide row A32 thruA44 if No is
selected then rows A32 thru A44 remain hidden
this is what I have but it does not work
Private Sub OptionButton1_Click()
Dim myRng As Range

Set myRng = Me.Range("a32:a44")

myRng.EntireRow.Hidden = Not (myRng(1).EntireRow.Hidden)

End Sub
thanks for your help

Luke M

option button (yes No) to hide rows

Assuming your buttons are labeled 1 and 2 respectively:

Private Sub OptionButton1_Click()
'This is the "YES" button
Range("A32:A44").EntireRow.Hidden = True
End sub

Private Sub OptionButton2_Click()
'This is the "NO" button
Range("A32:A44").EntireRow.Hidden = False
End sub
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Wanna Learn" wrote:

Thanks Luke
This works fine but If I select the "NO" command button nothing happens . If
No is selected I want the rows a32 to A44 remain hidden. (I cannot deselect
Yes) Thanks again

You could simplify it to: