-   -   How do I link a FOLDER to an excel cell/row? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/22630-how-do-i-link-folder-excel-cell-row.html)

Dreamin in VA

How do I link a FOLDER to an excel cell/row?

At my office, we have folders set up for each Job Number. I am creating a
Master List of all Job Numbers and was pretty sure there was a way that I
could set up up something that would take the user directly to the Job Folder
simply by clicking the job name/number in the excel document. Am I dreaming,
or can this be done. It needs to link to a full folder, not just a file.

galimi

You can accomplish this programmatically in VBA using

application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFolderPicker). Show

http://HelpExcel.com

"Dreamin in VA" wrote:

At my office, we have folders set up for each Job Number. I am creating a
Master List of all Job Numbers and was pretty sure there was a way that I
could set up up something that would take the user directly to the Job Folder
simply by clicking the job name/number in the excel document. Am I dreaming,
or can this be done. It needs to link to a full folder, not just a file.

Dave Peterson

This was added in xl2002.

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Maybe just a hyperlink for that folder would work ok:

=hyperlink("C:\my documents\excel")