-   -   Validation above the Freeze Line (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/22621-validation-above-freeze-line.html)

CLR

Validation above the Freeze Line

Hi All......

I have a cell to which I have appied Data Validation with a drop down box.
The cell is located above the Window Freeze Line on my sheet. Although the
"data Validation" part seems to work ok, the drop down arrow and window do
not appear, unless I delete the Freeze Line. This is my first observance of
this situation. Is it ordinary?.....Might I have some setting wrong?.....is
there a workaround?

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Peo Sjoblom

This is a known bug in Excel 97

Peo Sjoblom

"CLR" wrote in message
Hi All......

I have a cell to which I have appied Data Validation with a drop down box.
The cell is located above the Window Freeze Line on my sheet. Although
the
"data Validation" part seems to work ok, the drop down arrow and window do
not appear, unless I delete the Freeze Line. This is my first observance
of
this situation. Is it ordinary?.....Might I have some setting
wrong?.....is
there a workaround?

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

CLR

Thanks Peo.......

Indeed, that's what this machine has on it.......maybe a good enough reason
for an upgrade<g

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"CLR" wrote in message
Hi All......

I have a cell to which I have appied Data Validation with a drop down box.
The cell is located above the Window Freeze Line on my sheet. Although
the
"data Validation" part seems to work ok, the drop down arrow and window do
not appear, unless I delete the Freeze Line. This is my first observance
of
this situation. Is it ordinary?.....Might I have some setting
wrong?.....is
there a workaround?

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Debra Dalgleish

Hi Chuck,

Instead of a Freeze line, you could split the window, and the dropdown
should work.

Debra

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

CLR

Thanks Debra,
I never thought of that......I'll give it a try.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3