-   -   Lookup (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/22620-lookup.html)

Ellen

Lookup

I have a sales spreadsheet that is broken down by month (in columns). Each
sale is listed individually (rows), so a salesperson may be listed several
times. I would like to key in a month somewhere on the spreadsheet and have a
formula that will check the month column headings, find the month indicated,
and add up the sales for that month, broken down be each salesperson.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Carole O

Hi, Ellen

One easy way would be to sort your spreadsheet - month, salesperson. Then
go to Data, Subtotal and select Salesperson when it asks for each change,
SUM, Amount

That will get you started.

Carole O