-   -   How do I change the direction of my cursor when I press enter? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/225953-how-do-i-change-direction-my-cursor-when-i-press-enter.html)

scotpiper

How do I change the direction of my cursor when I press enter?

How do I change the direction of my cursor when I press enter? It currently
high lights the cell below the one I'm in when I press enter. I want it to
move to the right instead.

Fred Smith[_4_]

How do I change the direction of my cursor when I press enter?

In XL2007:

Office buttonExcel optionsAdvancedAfter pressing Enter, move
selectionRight

Regards,
Fred.

"scotpiper" wrote in message
How do I change the direction of my cursor when I press enter? It
currently
high lights the cell below the one I'm in when I press enter. I want it to
move to the right instead.

Rick Rothstein

How do I change the direction of my cursor when I press enter?

And in XL2003 (and earlier I presume):

Tools/Options/Edit Tab... Check mark the "Move selection after Enter"
checkbox and selection direction from its accompanying drop down box.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"scotpiper" wrote in message
How do I change the direction of my cursor when I press enter? It
currently
high lights the cell below the one I'm in when I press enter. I want it
move to the right instead.

Jacob Skaria

How do I change the direction of my cursor when I press enter?

And......if this if for a temporary purpose; such as to fill cells in a row;
or a non continuous range...

Select the range
Highlight the first field keeping the selection
Every 'Enter' will take you to the next selected cell.

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria