-   -   format a cell with a phone number - how? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/225931-format-cell-phone-number-how.html)

Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net

format a cell with a phone number - how?

Hi
I have a cell with a moblle phone number
0xxxxxxxxxx (11 numbers) & the 0 doesn't show?
Why is that & how do I fix please?
--
Martin
©¿©¬

Dave Peterson

format a cell with a phone number - how?

You could format the cell to show 11 digits:

Format|Cells|Number tab|custom category
00000000000

Or you could precede your entry with an apostrophe:
'12341234123

Or you could format the cell as Text, then do the data entry.

Martin, ©¿©¬, @nohere.net wrote:

Hi
I have a cell with a moblle phone number
0xxxxxxxxxx (11 numbers) & the 0 doesn't show?
Why is that & how do I fix please?
--
Martin
©¿©¬

--

Dave Peterson

Gary''s Student

format a cell with a phone number - how?

Precede the number with an apostrophe (single quote) when typing the number.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu2007L

"Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net" wrote:

Hi
I have a cell with a moblle phone number
0xxxxxxxxxx (11 numbers) & the 0 doesn't show?
Why is that & how do I fix please?
--
Martin
©¿©¬

Jacob Skaria

format a cell with a phone number - how?

Select range... Right click... Format cells....Special---Phone number
--
If this post helps click Yes
---------------

"Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net" wrote:

Hi
I have a cell with a moblle phone number
0xxxxxxxxxx (11 numbers) & the 0 doesn't show?
Why is that & how do I fix please?
--
Martin
©¿©¬

Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net

format a cell with a phone number - how?

On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 07:23:01 -0700, Gary''s Student
wrote:

Precede the number with an apostrophe (single quote) when typing the number.

Thank you all for your replies
Precede the number with an apostrophe did the trick
--
Regards
Martin