-   -   Filtering the top 5 transactions from a list of 10 reps (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/225770-filtering-top-5-transactions-list-10-reps.html)

Bishop

Filtering the top 5 transactions from a list of 10 reps

I asked this before but still have not received a reply. So maybe I didn't
explain it very well. I have a weekly spreadsheet with, say, 10 people on
it. For each of these people I have between 20 and 300 sales transactions.
So I have between 200 and 3000 rows of transactions for any given week. I
only need to see the top 5 highest value transactions from each rep. Is
there a way to filter out all but those 5 transactions for each rep? So in
the end I have 50 transactions and I want it to look like this:

Steve $240
Steve $210
Steve $140
Steve $95
Steve $20
Mary $234
Mary $230
Mary $224
Mary $134
Mary $34
John $456
John $455
John $446
John $356
John $56
..
..
etc.

Daniel

Filtering the top 5 transactions from a list of 10 reps

using the data sort function will work.

"Bishop" wrote:

[...]

.
.
etc.

Bishop

Filtering the top 5 transactions from a list of 10 reps

That works if I only have 5 transactions for each rep to begin with (unless
I'm missing something) but I have between 20 and 300 transactions for EACH
rep. How do I get rid of all but the top 5 highest transactions for each rep?