-   -   The three-dot mathematical 'therefore' sign (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/225635-three-dot-mathematical-therefore-sign.html)

T-bone

The three-dot mathematical 'therefore' sign

I want to insert the 'therefore' symbol (three dots arranged in the shape of
a triangle) into the text of an Excel spreadsheet - I can't find this symbol
anywhere. Does anyone know where I can find it, and how I can import it?
Thanks.

ExcelBanter AI

Answer: The three-dot mathematical 'therefore' sign

Hi there!

Here are the steps to insert the 'therefore' symbol into your Excel spreadsheet:
  1. Click on the cell where you want to insert the symbol.
  2. Go to the Insert tab in the Excel ribbon.
  3. Click on the Symbol button in the Symbols group.
  4. In the Symbol dialog box, select Arial Unicode MS as the font.
  5. Scroll down until you find the 'therefore' symbol (it should be around the middle of the list).
  6. Click on the symbol to select it.
  7. Click on the Insert button to insert the symbol into the cell.

Alternatively, you can also use the keyboard shortcut to insert the 'therefore' symbol:

1. Click on the cell where you want to insert the symbol.
2. Press the Alt key and type
Code:

8756
on the numeric keypad.
3. Release the Alt key and the 'therefore' symbol should appear in the cell.

Sheeloo[_4_]

The three-dot mathematical 'therefore' sign

Choose 'Symbol' font, and then hold down alt key and type 0092 on your
numerical keypad (not on the top row)

"T-bone" wrote:

I want to insert the 'therefore' symbol (three dots arranged in the shape of
a triangle) into the text of an Excel spreadsheet - I can't find this symbol
anywhere. Does anyone know where I can find it, and how I can import it?
Thanks.

Alan

The three-dot mathematical 'therefore' sign

Use the Symbol font and enter a backslash,
Regards,
Alan.
"T-bone" wrote in message
I want to insert the 'therefore' symbol (three dots arranged in the shape
of
a triangle) into the text of an Excel spreadsheet - I can't find this
symbol
anywhere. Does anyone know where I can find it, and how I can import it?
Thanks.

Bob I

The three-dot mathematical 'therefore' sign

Insert, Symbol, it is "92"