-   -   copy /past range skip cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/225548-copy-past-range-skip-cells.html)

ORLANDO VAZQUEZ[_2_]

copy /past range skip cells

Hi!

How can I copy a range of cells but omit individual cells

For example. I want to copy the range "A1:G1" but not "F1"
and because the target already has the good data for "F1" I don't want to
overwrite that particular cell.

Thank you!

Orlando Vazquez

Jim Cone[_2_]

copy /past range skip cells

Orlando,
Save the F1 value in a Variant, paste the data, change F1 back to what it was.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"ORLANDO VAZQUEZ"

wrote in message
Hi!

How can I copy a range of cells but omit individual cells
For example. I want to copy the range "A1:G1" but not "F1"
and because the target already has the good data for "F1" I don't want to
overwrite that particular cell.
Thank you!
Orlando Vazquez

ORLANDO VAZQUEZ[_2_]

copy /past range skip cells

Well, I kind of simplified the problem.

There are about 20 cells in the range that should stay static.
And about twenty that should be overwritten.
Any suggestions?
Also, what does "variant" mean?

--
Orlando Vazquez

wrote in message
Hi!

How can I copy a range of cells but omit individual cells
For example. I want to copy the range "A1:G1" but not "F1"
and because the target already has the good data for "F1" I don't want to
overwrite that particular cell.
Thank you!
Orlando Vazquez

Jim Cone[_2_]

copy /past range skip cells

Sorry, for some unknown reason, I thought you were trying to
use programming code to do the copy/paste.
Variant is a Data Type used when programming Excel.

I don't know of any quick manual way to do what you want.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"ORLANDO VAZQUEZ"