-   -   Nesting If and Vlookup (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/225477-nesting-if-vlookup.html)

sferguson

Nesting If and Vlookup

I am trying to write a formula that will say if my vlookup returns an error i
want it to show Not Taken, but if my vlookup does not return and error I want
it to show the response request from column 6.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Bernard Liengme[_3_]

Nesting If and Vlookup

I will assume you have a working VLOOKUP formula
=IF(ISNA(your-formula),"Not Taken", your-formula)

If you are using Excel 2007 have a look as IFERROR
=IFERROR(your-formula, "Not Taken")
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme