Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional formatting / blank cells

I am using a conditional format whereas if the answer is greater than or
equal to 70%, it turns green and then secondly if the answer if less than 70%
it turns red. I want a third condition that if the cell is blank, the colour
will be white, but I can't figure out what to use for the third condition.
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

To format cell A1 if blank use the following in as the FORMULA IS
=A1=""
(two double quotes without anything between them) or
=ISBLANK(A1)

"torkattack" wrote:

I am using a conditional format whereas if the answer is greater than or
equal to 70%, it turns green and then secondly if the answer if less than 70%
it turns red. I want a third condition that if the cell is blank, the colour
will be white, but I can't figure out what to use for the third condition.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

CF/ Formula Is/ =A1=""
but you'd need to put that condition before your <70% condition, or
otherwise that condition would take preference.

You could, of course change the <70% condition to =AND(A1<"",A1<70%)
In that case, you wouldn't need to test subsequently for blank, so that
could be the default formatting.
--
David Biddulph

"torkattack" wrote in message
I am using a conditional format whereas if the answer is greater than or
equal to 70%, it turns green and then secondly if the answer if less than
70%
it turns red. I want a third condition that if the cell is blank, the
colour
will be white, but I can't figure out what to use for the third condition.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi David,

I'm trying the same conditional format in another set of cells now and I
can't get it to work again. This time I want a format for:
greater than or equal to 0% - green
less than 0% - red
blank - white.
I can't figure out why the same format won't work again? Does it have
soemthing to do with having a zero or a negative number. Sorry, I'm lost.

"David Biddulph" wrote:

Glad it worked for you.
--

"David Biddulph" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Without knowing what formulae you have in your CF conditions and what values
you have in the cells and exactly what you mean by "can't get it to work
again", there's not a lot we can do except to sympathise. If you want help,
you have to be specific.
--
David Biddulph

"torkattack" wrote in message
Hi David,

I'm trying the same conditional format in another set of cells now and I
can't get it to work again. This time I want a format for:
greater than or equal to 0% - green
less than 0% - red
blank - white.
I can't figure out why the same format won't work again? Does it have
soemthing to do with having a zero or a negative number. Sorry, I'm lost.

"David Biddulph" wrote:

Glad it worked for you.