-   -   Linking a cel from Excel to a Cell in a Word table (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/225319-linking-cel-excel-cell-word-table.html)

Terri

Linking a cel from Excel to a Cell in a Word table

I am trying to link a cell in an Excel table to a cell in a Word table by
copying the cell in Excel then doing a paste in Word and selecting "Match
Destination Table Style and Link to Excel" option so it will update as Excel
is updated. In Word it is adding a line above and a line below the linked
data. Is there anything I can do so this doesn't happen?

Thanks in advance.

Sheeloo[_4_]

Linking a cel from Excel to a Cell in a Word table

Try (in Word)
Edit-Paste Special-Unformatted Text

"Terri" wrote:

I am trying to link a cell in an Excel table to a cell in a Word table by
copying the cell in Excel then doing a paste in Word and selecting "Match
Destination Table Style and Link to Excel" option so it will update as Excel
is updated. In Word it is adding a line above and a line below the linked
data. Is there anything I can do so this doesn't happen?

Thanks in advance.

Terri

Linking Excel to Word

Ok it solved that problem but it lost the Word formatting. Is there
something that I can do to keep the Word formatting?

Sheeloo[_4_]

Linking Excel to Word

Paste as 'Formatted Text' and choose 'Destination...' from the drop down you
get after clicking on the down arrow on 'Paste Options' ...