-   -   How to make +'sheet 1'A1 not show up as zero (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/225185-how-make-sheet-1a1-not-show-up-zero.html)

tarabull

How to make +'sheet 1'A1 not show up as zero

when there is nothing in the cell A1 on sheet 1, how can i make sheet 2 leave
a blank cell also instead of inserting a "0"?

RonaldoOneNil

How to make +'sheet 1'A1 not show up as zero

=IF('sheet 1'!A1="","",'sheet 1'!A1)

"tarabull" wrote:

when there is nothing in the cell A1 on sheet 1, how can i make sheet 2 leave
a blank cell also instead of inserting a "0"?

tarabull

How to make +'sheet 1'A1 not show up as zero

this now makes my file huge - is there any was to do it as to keep it smaller?

"RonaldoOneNil" wrote:

=IF('sheet 1'!A1="","",'sheet 1'!A1)

"tarabull" wrote:

when there is nothing in the cell A1 on sheet 1, how can i make sheet 2 leave
a blank cell also instead of inserting a "0"?

Gord Dibben

How to make +'sheet 1'A1 not show up as zero

How many cells did you place the formula into?

Do you need that many?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 09:24:01 -0700, tarabull
wrote:

this now makes my file huge - is there any was to do it as to keep it smaller?

"RonaldoOneNil" wrote:

=IF('sheet 1'!A1="","",'sheet 1'!A1)