-   -   "File" "New" (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/22514-%22file%22-%22new%22.html)

gcotterl

"File" "New"

When I click "File" then "New", a box containing several icons appears. How
can I get an empty workbook to open when I click "New" (instead of having to
select the "Workbook" icon)?

Dave Peterson

Add another New to your File menu.

Tools|customize|commands tab|File category

Notice that there's two different File commands:

File...
and
File

The File... (with the ellipses) is the one that's already there.
drag the File (without the ellipses) to the File menu.

--

Dave Peterson

gcotterl

You're "too good"!

Thanks,

gary

gcotterl wrote:

When I click "File" then "New", a box containing several icons appears. How
can I get an empty workbook to open when I click "New" (instead of having to
select the "Workbook" icon)?

--

Dave Peterson

Bob Phillips

Use the New icon on the toolbar.

--

HTH

RP

"gcotterl" wrote in message
When I click "File" then "New", a box containing several icons appears.

How
can I get an empty workbook to open when I click "New" (instead of having

select the "Workbook" icon)?

Gord Dibben

gary

You must have realized that Dave was talking about New and New...

Not File and File...

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 12:51:05 -0700, "gcotterl"
wrote:

You're "too good"!

Thanks,

gary

gcotterl wrote:

When I click "File" then "New", a box containing several icons appears. How
can I get an empty workbook to open when I click "New" (instead of having to
select the "Workbook" icon)?

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

uh, oopsie!

The operation was a success--but the patient died. (Everything was ok except
for the real details. Doh!)

Thanks, Gord.

Gord Dibben wrote:

gary

You must have realized that Dave was talking about New and New...

Not File and File...

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 12:51:05 -0700, "gcotterl"
wrote:

You're "too good"!

Thanks,

gary