-   -   Inserting comments on graphs (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/2250-inserting-comments-graphs.html)

Christopher Anderson

Inserting comments on graphs

How do I insert a comment on a graph. I want to call out something on the
graph. I have tried drawing an arrow and adding text by the arrow but it is
not part of the graph and is sent behind the graph when the graph is selected.

Thanks.

Chris

Frank Kabel

Hi
AFAIK this is not possible

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
schrieb im Newsbeitrag
How do I insert a comment on a graph. I want to call out something on the
graph. I have tried drawing an arrow and adding text by the arrow but it
is
not part of the graph and is sent behind the graph when the graph is
selected.

Thanks.

Chris

Dave Peterson

Maybe you can use a textbox from the Drawing toolbar (or some other shape).

Make sure that the chart is selected before you add the object. (You don't want
to add it to the worksheet.)

Christopher Anderson wrote:

How do I insert a comment on a graph. I want to call out something on the
graph. I have tried drawing an arrow and adding text by the arrow but it is
not part of the graph and is sent behind the graph when the graph is selected.

Thanks.

Chris

--

Dave Peterson

Debra Dalgleish

Select the chart (if it's on a worksheet, you'll see black squares
on the sides and corners of the selected chart)
On the drawing toolbar, click the AutoShapes button
Choose Callouts, and click on one of the callout shapes
On the Chart, drag from the point out to where you want the comment
Release the mouse button
Type your comment where the cursor is flashing.

Christopher Anderson wrote:
How do I insert a comment on a graph. I want to call out something on the
graph. I have tried drawing an arrow and adding text by the arrow but it is
not part of the graph and is sent behind the graph when the graph is selected.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html