-   -   Searching only one column in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/224740-searching-only-one-column-excel.html)

falcios

Searching only one column in Excel

How do I search only one column in Excel. I have highlighted the column and
did a Ctrl F and then tried a search but it doesn't work. Any other ideas of
what to do?

Thanks.

Luke M

Searching only one column in Excel

In the 'Find' toolbar, under options, make sure you select the option to
search withing "Sheet". Then you should be able to highlight the column you
want to search, and do what you want to do. If you select workbook, Find will
always look everywhere.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M