-   -   Rounding Numbers (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/22470-rounding-numbers.html)

jack aubrey

Rounding Numbers

How do I establish and control my own rounding rules so that, for example
numbers round up from .3 instead of the normal rule?

Any ideas will be appreciated

Ron Rosenfeld

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 10:38:04 -0700, "jack aubrey" <jack
wrote:

How do I establish and control my own rounding rules so that, for example
numbers round up from .3 instead of the normal rule?

Any ideas will be appreciated

It depends on perhaps more data than you have provided. But something like:

=INT(A1)+(MOD(A1,1)=0.3)

might work for you for positive numbers.

I don't know what you want for negative numbers, though.

--ron