-   -   valadation for dropdown won't allow enough entries (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/22443-valadation-dropdown-wont-allow-enough-entries.html)

Roger

valadation for dropdown won't allow enough entries

When entering my data for a drop down menu, I'm being limited to only half
the entries I need to make. Is thera a way to change the properties to allow
more entries?

bj

How many entries do you want to make? and
how did you define the allowable entries?

"Roger" wrote:

When entering my data for a drop down menu, I'm being limited to only half
the entries I need to make. Is thera a way to change the properties to allow
more entries?

Roger

bj, thans for the quick responce.

I need to make approximately 50 entries. Defining allowable entries ? I
guess this is what I need to do, how do I define allowable entries? Thank you
for your help
Roger

"Roger" wrote:

When entering my data for a drop down menu, I'm being limited to only half
the entries I need to make. Is thera a way to change the properties to allow
more entries?

Debra Dalgleish

Enter the values on a worksheet, then refer to that range in the data
validation dialog box. There are instructions he

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List