-   -   transposing values top to bottom (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/22437-transposing-values-top-bottom.html)

Ted Metro

transposing values top to bottom

I know how to use the paste special transpose to move values, but need help
on this.

let's say I have these values in column A, starting at A1.

Alpha
Beta
Gamma
Delta

I want to re-arrange these values such that they go from Delta to Alpha in a
column,

Delta
Gamma
Beta
Alpha

Paste Special Transpose won't do this. Any ideas?

Ted

RagDyeR

You could use a "helper" column where you number the adjacent cells 1 to 4.

Then, simply select both columns, and sort on the helper, descending.
--

HTH,

RD

"Ted Metro" wrote in message
I know how to use the paste special transpose to move values, but need help
on this.

let's say I have these values in column A, starting at A1.

Alpha
Beta
Gamma
Delta

I want to re-arrange these values such that they go from Delta to Alpha in a
column,

Delta
Gamma
Beta
Alpha

Paste Special Transpose won't do this. Any ideas?

Ted

N Harkawat

Perhaps a formula would help
if your range is from A1:A4
and you need the values to appear say from B1:E1
then on B1 typr this and copy across thru E1

=OFFSET($A$4,2-COLUMN(),0)

"Ted Metro" wrote in message
I know how to use the paste special transpose to move values, but need help
on this.

let's say I have these values in column A, starting at A1.

Alpha
Beta
Gamma
Delta

I want to re-arrange these values such that they go from Delta to Alpha in
column,

Delta
Gamma
Beta
Alpha

Paste Special Transpose won't do this. Any ideas?

Ted

galimi

Ted,

You can assign sequential numbers in an adjacent column and then sort the
numbers in descending order.

http://HelpExcel.com