-   -   Row Autofit on Merged Cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/22434-row-autofit-merged-cells.html)

Jluo

Row Autofit on Merged Cells

There is a cell in a row. The cell is merged with Columns C, D, E. When
I apply Autofit to the whole row, some of the content in the merged cell
is hidden.

For example, the content is "A person printed 5 copies of menu and give
it to the human resource department." When I apply Autofit, I can only
see "A person printed 5 copies of menu" and the rest can not be seen.
But when I select the cell, the whole content is displayed in the
content area under menu buttons.

I am dealing with large documents and I cannot apply Autofit row by row.
And I copy the data from IE browser and paste it to Excel.

Can anyone tell me the workaround? Thanks.

Peo Sjoblom

Don't use merged cells, it is never a good idea using it, usually it means
(as you have discovered) problems
No need either really from a layout point of view

However you would need VBA for that

http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...%40tkmsftngp05

Peo Sjoblom