-   -   Text string to Numeric string (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/224005-text-string-numeric-string.html)

Manikandan[_2_]

Text string to Numeric string

I have a data 901521 in text format. how can i convert this as a numeric
format to add with other numeric data.

Bob Phillips[_3_]

Text string to Numeric string

try using --A1 in the formula that you add.

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Manikandan" wrote in message
I have a data 901521 in text format. how can i convert this as a numeric
format to add with other numeric data.

David Biddulph[_2_]

Text string to Numeric string

A number of ways worth trying:
Copy a blank cell, then select your text cell(s) and Edit/ Paste Special/
Add
Put 1 in a spare cell, copy, then select your text cell(s) and Edit/ Paste
Special/ Multiply
Use Data/ Text to Columns

If none of those work, you may have non-breaking spaces or other
non-standard characters with your text, so you may need to identify them and
remove them.
--
David Biddulph