-   -   How to dates column with values in next column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/22398-how-dates-column-values-next-column.html)

Carlton A. Barlow

How to dates column with values in next column

I have a series of dates in the left column and values in the right column.
How can I consolidate the dates and sum the values of each date? i.e.

OrderDate Face Value
4/17/2005 $2.00
4/17/2005 $2.00
4/17/2005 $5.00
4/17/2005 $5.00
4/17/2005 $2.00
4/16/2005 $2.00
4/16/2005 $5.00
4/16/2005 $5.00
4/16/2005 $2.00
4/16/2005 $5.00
4/15/2005 $5.00
4/15/2005 $5.00
4/15/2005 $2.00
4/15/2005 $2.00
4/15/2005 $2.00
4/15/2005 $2.00
4/15/2005 $2.00
4/15/2005 $2.00
4/15/2005 $5.00
4/15/2005 $2.00
4/15/2005 $2.00
4/15/2005 $2.00
4/15/2005 $10.00
4/15/2005 $5.00
4/15/2005 $5.00
4/15/2005 $2.00
4/14/2005 $2.00
4/14/2005 $2.00
4/14/2005 $5.00
4/14/2005 $2.00
4/14/2005 $5.00
4/13/2005 $5.00
4/13/2005 $2.00
4/13/2005 $5.00
4/13/2005 $2.00
4/13/2005 $5.00
4/13/2005 $5.00
4/13/2005 $10.00
4/13/2005 $2.00
4/13/2005 $5.00
4/13/2005 $5.00
4/13/2005 $2.00

Dave Peterson

One way is to sort your data by Date, then select A1:Bxxx and do Data|Subtotals.

You can use the outlining symbols at the left to hide/show the detail.

Another option would be to use Data|Pivottable.

--

Dave Peterson