-   -   Updating Excel spreadsheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/223919-updating-excel-spreadsheets.html)

kachasu

Updating Excel spreadsheets

Hi
If I had an Excel spreadsheet with linked data to another and I created
another 'identical' spreadsheet, would the sheet update automatically if I
overwrote the old spreadsheet?
Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks!

dlw

Updating Excel spreadsheets

That should work, if the file name is the same, sheet name is the same, and
location of data is the same.

"kachasu" wrote:

Hi
If I had an Excel spreadsheet with linked data to another and I created
another 'identical' spreadsheet, would the sheet update automatically if I
overwrote the old spreadsheet?
Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks!

kachasu

Updating Excel spreadsheets

THANKS VERY MUCH -I'LL TRY THAT, BUT WILL MAKE A BACKUP OF THE ORIGINAL SHEET
IN CASE..
MUCH OBLIGED!