-   -   Link Protection Forms (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/223890-link-protection-forms.html)

Vk

Link Protection Forms

Hi,

I have a protected excel form (both worksheet and workbook). In Edit Links
I set it to "Don't display the alers and don't update automatic links".

Part of the form is linked to a file on my drive (for security purposes).
When I send the form to be completed, and receive it back, the LINK-path
changes. Actually, the path stays the same as before, except the name of the
drive changes (S becomes C drive). So, every time I receive a form, I have
to unprotect it and fix the link.

Can anyone help me to fix the problem with the link? I want the path to
stay constant and never be updated. I am using lotus notes. Could it be a
problem? (somebody told me it changes excel links...not sure if its true)

Please help me!!! and Thanks!

Vk

Link Protection Forms

I figure it out. Lotus notes does change my link in the excel file. Anyone
knows how to fix it?

Thanks.