-   -   How to auto enable Excel, set cell color based on the numerical va (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/223611-how-auto-enable-excel-set-cell-color-based-numerical-va.html)

HydroRamPac

How to auto enable Excel, set cell color based on the numerical va

I am creating a spreadsheet and would like to be able to choose the color of
what the text or number will look like depending on certain variables which
would be entered into a cell. example: if the value determined by the =sum
function is less then 0. (In other words a negative value) I would like for
the cell to be able to change the negative number to red. If the value
determined by the =sum function is then 0 then the color of the number
would be green. If the value equaled to 0 then blue or black. Also I would
like to do something similar to the above example. Although I would like the
color of the number entered into a cell to show a color depending on a value
specified in an ABSOLUTE REFERENCE cell. Example such as, the ABSOLUTE
REFERENCE cell could be $D$3 which references a value of 9. So if the
numerical value entered into another cell, such as B3 and the entered value
is less then 9 I would like for the number to be displayed in RED. If the
value is equal to 9 then black. If the value is then 9 then GREEN. Finally
one other thing. I would like to be able to automatically add FILL SHADING to
cells based upon values having some of the same criteria as the above
examples. Hopefully I have explained myself clearly enough for you to be able
to help me in determining examples of how to set these automatic capabilites
up within excel.

Thanks in Advance,
Robert

Mike H

How to auto enable Excel, set cell color based on the numerical va

Hi,

Have a look at conditional formatting in help, it does exactly what you want.

Mike

"HydroRamPac" wrote:

[...]

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the update, I will look into the conditional formating.
Robert

"HydroRamPac" wrote:

[...]

Conditional formating is sweet. It saves a lot of time.
Thanks again,
Robert