-   -   Knowing the number (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/223590-knowing-number.html)

sadman49

Knowing the number

Calling on all excel experts.
I have a sheet starting from A1 to J100, in these boxes random numbers are
entered, i.e: 4, 56, 34, 56, 23 and so on.
What i want is a box to tell me how many times and number 56 has appered,
i've tried using index but can't get it working.
John

RonaldoOneNil

Knowing the number

=COUNTIF(A1:J100,56)

"sadman49" wrote:

Calling on all excel experts.
I have a sheet starting from A1 to J100, in these boxes random numbers are
entered, i.e: 4, 56, 34, 56, 23 and so on.
What i want is a box to tell me how many times and number 56 has appered,
i've tried using index but can't get it working.
John

sadman49

Knowing the number

Thankyou, feel abit shamed faced really.