-   -   Embed object icon missing text and image (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/223254-embed-object-icon-missing-text-image.html)

CWilminko

Embed object icon missing text and image

I have successfully embedded several objects into an Excel sheet via the
Insert, Object, Create from File, menus. I select Display as icon and change
the icon to use shorter text.
Occasionally the text is lost and sometimes the icon image goes blank
This happens not on all of the objects, just on some of them. This leaves a
blank spot on the worksheet. When the recipient opens the file, and the
objects are blank, they dont know theres a file there.
It makes no difference if the file is saved locally to the embedded objects
or not.
It makes no difference if Im on the network or not.
Ive changed the excel file name each time.
Ive reinserted the objects several times.
What can I do to make the short names stick?
What can I do to make the image on the icon stay?
Thank you so much for any suggestions.