-   -   Is there a way to recalculate trend lines in Excel charts? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/223207-there-way-recalculate-trend-lines-excel-charts.html)

thorgamma

Is there a way to recalculate trend lines in Excel charts?

If the underlying data changes, a trend line on a chart does not
automatically update, nor can I find a command to cause it to update. Is
there a way?

Bernard Liengme[_3_]

Is there a way to recalculate trend lines in Excel charts?

That should not be: if there is a change in the data, the trendline equation
should update.
If using XL2003 use Tools | Options and open Calculation tab and make sure
Calculations is set to automatic. Very similar in Excel 2007 (Office button
| Excel Options.....)
If this does not solve the problem please reply to this message
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP