-   -   Copy, paste (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/223184-copy-paste.html)

George

Copy, paste

Excel 2007
I have a spread sheet with formulas and hidden columns. I would to copy and
paste only the numbers in the shown cells. When I do this now, Excel paste
all the formulas and hidden columns - how do I get only the numbers to show
up?

Sheeloo[_3_]

Copy, paste

Press F5
Click on 'Visible Cells only'
Press CTRL-C

Go to your detination cell
Right-Click and choose PASTE SPECIAL
and click on Values and Click OK

This will also copy the numbers in visible cells which are the result of
formulas... Your post seem to suggest that you only wanted numbers...

"George" wrote:

Excel 2007
I have a spread sheet with formulas and hidden columns. I would to copy and
paste only the numbers in the shown cells. When I do this now, Excel paste
all the formulas and hidden columns - how do I get only the numbers to show
up?

Wid

Copy, paste

select the range of cells to be copied
Before you copy
Select the HOME Tab
Click "Find & Select"
Click "Go to Special"
select the "Visable cells only" button and click OK

then copy
Paste as normal