-   -   Hyperlink to secure website (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/223041-hyperlink-secure-website.html)

Beccalynn

Hyperlink to secure website

I am trying to create a hyperlink in XL to a page on a password protected
website. I have tried copying and pasting the url and when I follow the link
it asks for my username and password. That is all ok but what I am having
issues with is when I enter my username and password, it does not go to the
correct site. Any thoughts?

Sheeloo[_3_]

Hyperlink to secure website

If you have something like
=HYPERLINK("https://somesite.com/","Some site") in a cell (or typed directly
in a cell ) and click on it
Excel should open the site in the default brower... whatever happens with
that page after that is not an Excel issue...