-   -   exponential moving average (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/222905-exponential-moving-average.html)

exponential moving average

Exponential moving slope is the issue. Is there a formula.dropdown table
such as the one available for moving averages

Bernard Liengme[_3_]

exponential moving average

Have a look he
http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93282
best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"j" wrote in message
Exponential moving slope is the issue. Is there a formula.dropdown table
such as the one available for moving averages

exponential moving average

Thank you! I am going to try to apply this to a moving slope!

"j" wrote:

Exponential moving slope is the issue. Is there a formula.dropdown table
such as the one available for moving averages

Alojz

exponential moving average

Hi, u can create formula for EMA. For 12 days EMA, first date MA is simple
MA, in my example in C13, values in colB, dates in colA, row1 is header row:
=SUM(B2:B13)/12 (or use AVERAGE function for first 12 values. From C13 and
13th value u can already start to calculate EMA (in C14):
=+B14*(2/13)+C13*(1-2/13), copy down.
I put sample file with EMA12 and EMA26 to:

http://ash001.sweb.cz/ema.xls

HTH click yes, if so.

Regards
Alojz