-   -   how do I copy text with a plus sign at the front? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/222763-how-do-i-copy-text-plus-sign-front.html)

Rich

how do I copy text with a plus sign at the front?

I have text that I want into Excel that reads "+12/156" for example, and I
want to keep the plus sign at the front and I dont want it to compute the
fraction - it is not an equation, it is how the text is written. I want it
to remain "+12/156". I can't find a format...

thanks.

Niek Otten

how do I copy text with a plus sign at the front?

Format the cell as Text before you enter the text or precede the text with
an apostrophe (which will not show in the cell)

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"rich" wrote in message
I have text that I want into Excel that reads "+12/156" for example, and I
want to keep the plus sign at the front and I dont want it to compute the
fraction - it is not an equation, it is how the text is written. I want
it
to remain "+12/156". I can't find a format...

thanks.

Francis

how do I copy text with a plus sign at the front?

put an apostrophe or a space in front

--
Hope this is helpful

Pls click the Yes button below if this post provide answer you have asked

Thank You

cheers, francis